These are the live notes from the inaugural 2013 Social Media Advisory Meeting.
- REALTOR.org needs to be more simple and easy to find. “Above the fold” information.
- More “sticky” titles.
- Rebranding REALTOR.org as “the official search engine of REALTORS.”
- Need a “Turn Your Notifications On” campaign
Top Destinations for R.org
- News/MarCom Blogs
- Field guides
- Member benefits
Top Destinations for Facebook:
Top Destination for our Advisory Board:
- Member Benefits
- 7 second attention span: Relevant, Accessible and Shareable
- Ask more questions in social stream
- When WE share we will help.
- Social links need to be easily accessible and “above the fold” at R.org
- Should locals/states be the portal? Thoughts were mixed from table.
- Some members don’t understand the most simple things. We need to educate!
- One member communicated that we need to not train more. Those who want to share and engage will. Others simply won’t do it.
- Discussion on branding and image of R brand. Are we too corporate for social media space?
- We need to look more at infographics and shareable graphic information.
- We learned a lot from the code of ethics banner viral event.