This dude (me), has a very short history with NAR meetings. This is what I have attended…EVER…
- 2012 Leadership Summit – Chicago (where I got the NAR itch; Thank you YPN)
- 2012 NAR Annual Conference & Expo – Orlando
- 2013 NAR Annual Conference & Expo – San Francisco
- 2014 REALTOR Party Conference & Trade Expo
- 2014 NAR Annual Conference & Expo – New Orleans
- 2015 REALTORS Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo
And somehow….I have NEVER….EVER…been to an NAR Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting.
How is this possible? I really didn’t realize just how important that final session was. Committees and educational sessions seemed to be why I attended the meetings coupled with awesome networking. Now that I am president-elect of my local association, it is all making perfect sense now! Everything really comes full-circle when the directors vote yes or no on many of the very issues that eventually lands on my agenda at my local and state BOD meetings.
If you’re reading this and you are a BOD Newbie too, go ahead and get loose, be free, be adventurous and attend an NAR meeting then conclude it with the BOD meeting. You’ll feel like a new man or woman.