2013 marks the centennial of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®. To celebrate, thousands of your peers have followed Brian Copeland‘s lead (pictured above) and have placed a banner image highlighting their commitment to the Code as their Facebook cover photo. To get your own, visit this page at Realtor.org and choose whichever quote and design you prefer. (There are also instructions on that page to help you Photoshop your own image into the banner.)
Once your image is ready, here’s how to change your Facebook cover photo:
- Log in to Facebook and then click on your name in the upper left hand corner (next to the tiny avatar photo)
- Move your mouse to the area just over “Activity log” in the upper right side of the page. Click on “ Change Cover”
- From the dropdown menu that appears, select “upload photo”.
- A window will open up, and you can navigate to and select the image we sent you.
- A “Drag to reposition cover” message will pop up, so you can move the photo around if you like.
- Just click the blue “save changes” button and you are all set!
If you want to see some other fantastic examples, visit the Flickr photo gallery for inspiration.
This is my fifth time attending Midyear. Of course, living in the DC area, it’s a piece of cake for me to attend (aside from the commute)…but I’d make the trip even if I lived further away. The energy and enthusiasm that surrounds this conference is infectious, and this year is no different.
My Midyear started with the YPN Subcommittee Meeting yesterday, packed to standing room only. (Brian did a great job of recapping the meeting in his post.) The subcommittee members came ready to roll up their sleeves (and we did) but the additional attendees were just as passionate…it’s incredible to see how quickly this group has grown and the strides that are being made. What I heard, repeatedly, was “How can I help?’ and “How can we do more?” The conversation moved from the subcommittee table out into the hallways and continued from there…which is just how it’s supposed to work.
That buzz and energy seems to be at a higher pitch this year. Agents are reporting improvement in their markets, and I can hear the optimism in their voices. I have no doubt that the Realtor Rally tomorrow will be a physical manifestation of that energy. How powerful will that be?
I’m heading back into the conference now. More musings to come.